The Korean Government Scholarships Program (KGSP) for the class of 2023 are now available for international students who wish to study for free in South Korean Universities. The online applications for KGSP Scholarships are currently being entertained.
So, are you ready to get higher education in Korea? If yes, get ready to be the first to apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023!
Korean Government Scholarship Program is accepting online applications from students all over the globe. This scholarship program has been introduced under the supervision of Korean Higher Education for international students. Under this scholarship, students will get higher studies in graduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs. They can choose the university according to their own choices.
The main purpose of this scholarship program is to build closer and friendly relationships between Korean with the rest of the countries by giving high-quality education. Let’s get into more details about the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023.
Why Study in Korea?
It would help if you studied in South Korea because they offer some well-prepared scholarship programs to support the educational and living expenses of the students. Various cities in South Korea will allow the students to explore international laboratories and build a cross-cultural understanding.
- Category: BS, MS, Doctorate Scholarships
- Type: Fully Funded KGSP and GKS
- Location: South Korea
Financial Sponsorship of Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
Winning a KGSP Scholarship of 2023 session will provide you with any or all of the following academic benefits:
- This KGSP scholarship will cover the airfare expenses of the grantees.
- The applicant will also get a resettlement or relocation allowance of around 200,000 KRW.
- To cover the living expenses, KRW 20,000 per month is also given to the applicant.
- For the medical insurance, KRW 20,000 per month is also given to the applicant.
- A student also needs to take a language course for which KRW 800,000 will be given every three months.
- Coverage of Tuition fees will be maximum of KRW 5,000,000/per semester.
- Any student who will show proficiency in the Korean Language will be given an award.
- Research expenses of the student will also be supported with an allowance of KRW 240,000/per semester.
- For printing a thesis or dissertation, a grant of 600,000 KRW – 800,000 KRW will be given to the student.
- After the completion of the degree, KRW 100,000 will be awarded to the student as a reward.
Eligibility Requirements of KGSP Scholarship 2023
To successfully apply for Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023, make sure you fulfill all the pre-requisites and basic requirements as discussed below:
- Applicant and their guardian should have birth in a country other than Korea.
- Applicants having Korean citizenship cannot apply.
- Plus, the candidate should be mentally and physically strong to fulfill his/her entire degree with good grades.
- Students applying for an undergraduate degree should not be below 25 years old.
- Students applying for graduate degrees should be below 40 years old.
- Undergraduate candidate must have completed their education in elementary/middle/high schools before they arrive in Korea.
- Graduate candidate must have completed their master’s/bachelor education before they arrive in Korea.
- CGPA of the candidate has to be more than 80%.
- Those students who have already studied in Korean universities or have attained any short course/degree from Korea are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students who have formerly held the KGSP scholarship grant can re-apply for this scholarship through a proper university channel.
Procedure to Apply for the Korean KGSP Scholarship 2023:
If you want to apply for this KGSP scholarship program, then you have to, first of all, know about those Korean universities that are associated with this scholarship. Later on, you have to follow a specific guideline given by that university to submit your application form. Further instructions are given below:
- NIIED will get in touch with a local university or Korean Embassy to know about the list of potential candidates. Students have to apply through a university or Embassy, after which they will be shortlisted through that platform.
- Candidates who apply have to submit their documents to the home country’s embassy or the university to they are applying to.
- The embassy or Korean university will send those documents to the NIIED only for those students who are shortlisted. This step is just for verification.
- NIIED will evaluate all the documents and will notify the university or the Embassy about the recipients.
- The applicant can know about their rejection or selection through the university or the Embassy. The scholarship committee will never notify the student about their confirmed selection or rejection.
Important Documents Required for Korean Government Scholarship (KGSP) Application
Your KGSP Scholarship application form for 2023 submission will not be accepted until you have not attached it with all the required documents. So to avoid any further delay, make sure you attach your application with all the major documents mentioned below:
- Highest degree document attained.
- Transcript copies of the highest degree
- Recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Personal statement (mandatory for just Ph.D. and masters applicants)
- The MS students should submit the study plan.
- Doctoral degree applicants should also submit their research proposals.
- The motivational letter or an intent letter
- A resume for scholarship application
KGSP Scholarship 2023 Application Deadline: October 11, 2022
The general deadline for KGSP scholarships 2023 is October 11, 2022. But if you miss this deadline then don’t worry because you can still apply for the next session of the 2023-2024 KGSP scholarship in early 2023.
Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is announced just once a year. Each university has its own deadline for KGSP scholarship applications, which you can know by getting in touch with the university management. Korean Embassy in your home country can also give you enough details about the deadline and application submission. You can also visit the official site of the Korean government scholarship.
- Applicants should fill out the application form in either the Korean language or English. Any application filled in a different language will be rejected directly.
- All the application documents should be presented in original form. If an applicant is submitting photocopy documents, they must submit the certified documents after receiving consular confirmation.
- All those documents which are submitted to NIIED will not be returned to the student.
- Two different recommenders should write both recommendation letters.
- For the awards or certificates of accomplishments, photocopies are acceptable.
- When submitting the form to Embassy, the applicant has to submit 1 set of their original application documents and 3 sets of all photocopied application documents.
- When submitting the form to the Korean university, the applicant must submit 1 set of their original application documents.
It is our honor to have Rana as our guest author. He is a very famous educationist, motivational speaker, and winner of a prestigious fully-funded scholarship. His articles inspire young students to find global opportunities.
Originally posted 2022-07-06 23:25:47.